Babalik Ka Rin
San Jose Travel Blog› entry 3 of 26 › view all entries
November 4th, 2008 – by: planisphere
1. went with my mom to do the grocery. such a trivial thing to do... but I got to slip some of my personal stuffs for her to pay. Hehehe :)
2. went to Jollibee as per request (or command) of my nieces, we had 2 piece chicken (one each for them, mine would be whatever their leftover), fries and sundae.
3. when my high school friends invited me over for a drink where only two of us drank, one each had a 750 ml bottle of a local brandy (gran matador). I was wasted for the next two days because of that. I'll spare your with the gory details. hehe
4. went to church with family.
5. went to aroma beach. My parents want to unwind after days of busy hours at my mom's clinic, we wanted to spend some time away and time only with our family. It was also my brother's request who is working in Doha to bring his kids to the beach.
6. went to a fishpond of my parents' friend.
Anyway, I was really amazed with the fish pond. It was just 5 minutes away from the town center but I never visited it before even when this town was my only universe. So it was really a surprised for me to see a very serene place near my place. It was a huge fishpond ( 4 hectares) with occasional migratory visitors. Yeah, they could be rats with wings but these migratory birds reminded me of my younger years where I waited for them to fly every afternoon. They are variety of species of birds - white stork mostly and some other fishing birds - some are colorful, some are plain but nonetheless, a special sight to see especially when they do catch some fish.
During our visit, the owner harvested some of bangus (milkfish) the national fish of the Philippines and a staple to every filipino table. It was my first time to see how it was caught. I would normally see those fish in the market already. The owner even introduced me to the caretaker because he told me that I can visit the pond anytime I want...o wells, this made me think, maybe I will buy atleast a hectare of a place like this. I need to work now, stop bumming and look for a job. I want to buy a place like this for my senior years. hehehe
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!