New York

Brooklyn Travel Blog

My first trip to New York.  We were there two weeks. This was also my first time out at a facility after our training.  I was sick as a dog and it was bitter cold.  It was around the holiday, so of course my main goal, other than work, was to make it to Times Square and Manhattan Island.  We didnt' make it the first week, which was ok because we still had another week.  Well, the following week I was still rather sick.  It was even colder than the week before.  The day we were planning to go into the city, I had been up since 3 am (dialysis facilities open around 5am and when we are there for the program conversion, we have to be there when they oopen), sick, tired, blah.  Not to mention the NYTA workers decided to go on strike.  That meant strike three for me, no going into the city.  What a huge disappointment - missing Times Square at the holiday when the trip is paid for not by me!  Well, with any luck I'll have another opportunity some time in the near future.  Not sure if I have any photos of this trip but I'll search.
photo by: missandrea81