close to the end

Madrid Travel Blog

Next day was our last day in Madrid, because on Wednesday morning we had to get in the car and drive to Barcelona. I remember that we slept a lot that morning, then had a usual breakfast with bocadillos (i really hate them right now :)) and then we did something that looked not like us at all. We went to Museo del Prado. At first it didn't look big, but of course it was not possible to see everything in one day. It was all very beautiful and I recommend everyone who is even a bit interested in art.

It was already getting dark when I decided to take a walk alone. I wanted something... like to say good bye to Madrid maybe. To take some pictures and walk some familiar ways for the last time. At least for now.

In the evening we had a usual trip to the jazz bar, but it was very crowded and expensive there, so we just sat outside the bar listening to Angel playing guitar on the street.

Then we had an hour or so to sleep and at 7 in the morning we started to Barcelona. We had no idea how long the way is and having a plane at 3 o'clock was a bit risky. But we managed ok, with a bit of adrenalin maybe but still... Good bye EspaƱa, hope to see you once again...

Turtles in Atocha Station