Express through Costa Brava: Cadaques

Cadaques Travel Blog

View of the town

So, an hour at the beach, most of the time in water and I am burned and red as crab. Even though I thought i had some good tan. But I guess the sun was very dangerous and the timing wasn't good. So, straight from feliu we drove to the French border to a small town of Cadaques. This fishing village turned out to be the world's famous for cultural tourism as many artists came and still come to visit it. It has Catalonian largest natural bay. A huge number of different boats is parked in the harbour but I still have no idea how people are getting from them to the shore. Maybe swimming? The panoram of Cadaques is world-known with an old church surrounded by small streets and white buildings with green and blue frames and doors.

We had a very nice meal in the restaurant Plaza right near the beach, mussels in sauce and pasta.

A quick recommendation for anyone who thinks of coming there. In the entrance of the city there is a big parking with all signs leading to it. It is almost impossible to park in the town itself so it is better to leave the car right there.

We spent a couple of hours there and drove further. We had to visit one more place same day as next morning we were planning on going South to Valencia.

somewhere on the way