Back to Valencia

Valencia Travel Blog

I am very surprised there are so little reviews about Valencia here. Valencia looks like a secret place that noone knows about. Very rarely I hear that people who travel to Spain stop and take a closer look at it.

So we were back at Valencia. On our way from Costa Brava we picked up my friends, a married couple, who were having a vacation at L'Ampolla. We felt so proud of ourselves, like we know the city and all coast so well, we can already show people around. Of course, we decided to stop at Alboraia and show them what horchata is, and there we got lost. Couldn't find a way out of there and to Valencia, spent some hour and a half driving in circles.

There we parked a car and went to the Old Town. Mercado Central was closed, so we visited Lonja de la Seda, walked the streets, checked some shoeshops, drank beer in a small cafe, all the usual stuff :)

Plaza de la Virgen was full with tourists as usual, I went to see Maria at La Catedral, but we didn't go to the Bell Tower.

We were not in a rush, we thought we have plenty of time, about 5 days in Valencia.

A small unpleasant incident happenned there though. Some girl tried to open my bag. The section she opened was empty, I am aware of how easy it is to open it, but still, very unpleasant. Especially when thinking that Valencia is the safest town on earth...

In the evening we went to the beach for a quick swim and after that to Defender bar at the port to meet my friend who lives in Valencia. We walked the beach til night and that was then when we found out we have to go to Madrid next day. I was so stressed, I couldn't leave my favorite city for Madrid. The city where it is super hot and no sea. But it all turned out the best way.

...to be continued.

Silk Market
Silk Market
Jamon Jamon!
Jamon Jamon!
Tapas
Tapas
Valencia Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Yes, yes, yes, I wanted to do it long ago... I want to write about cafe con leche from Spain. Simple coffee with milk as funny as it sounds. The thi… read entire review
Valencia