Venice sightseeing and a rainstorm!

Venice Travel Blog

love this photo

So we headed into Venice on the shuttle at about 11:30ish. The shuttle takes like half an hour maybe. We got into the main part of the city and decided to do some exploring. We wanted to get lost in Venice, as we heard its the best way to see the city. It is true, we had so much fun wandering around all the little canals and sidestreets. We attempted to find a post office, and we did so we went in because the door was open but inside the staff were like no we're closed. Seems kind of silly to have the door open then doesn't it...oh well.

We wandered around Venice for quite a while. It's such a gorgeous city I loved it. Everywhere you turn it's beautiful. I have a ton of gorgeous photos of Venice. We eventually wandered our way to St. Mark's Square.

It was so crowded, there were tons of people there. It was beautiful though. We also went and fed some birds for a while. Well, I fed the birds and Lori threw birdseed at birds haha. It was so much fun though, European birds aren't afraid of anything! Here if you go close to a bird they'll fly away but if you stomp towards a bird they don't care. They'll probably just bite your foot.

After that we walked along the water, the sky was looking kind of angry and it looked like it would storm. But we kept walking, I bought a new painting for my mommy. We then decided to have dinner, I read about this pizza place in the Lonely Planet book thats supposed to be really good so we went to find it and when we got there it was closed! And then we tried to find somewhere else to eat but everywhere's so expensive! Then it started to pour rain. It was insane, and we had no jackets either. So we huddled under a little rooftop for a bit before booking it back to the bus stop to catch the shuttle.

Back at the campsite we were still pretty pooped from the night before so we just did some laundry and then had some dinner and went to bed. We were headed to Cinque Terre tomorrow!

city rating number 19

1/2 Weather
+1 bonus for being completley wasted before 8pm hehe
10/10

love this photo
the sky looks angry doesnt it?
the sky looks angry doesn't it?
st. marks
st. marks
staring contest with the bird.
staring contest with the bird.
bird feeding