EuropeFranceNice

Parasailing in southern France!

Nice Travel Blog

we did that!(the parasailing part)

So Lori and I went to do some Nice sightseeing with a couple Aussies we met at our hostel. We got a later start then hoped for, but it was all good. We walked around the port for a bit, there are some big cruise ships there! We walked to the beach area and its gorgeous there! But personally, I believe that speedos on guys are not necessary. But I guess thats just me...We walked down the the beach and explored the street markets and such. There was a lot of really cool little stores and food stands there. We had a sandwich/baguette thing for lunch.

Me and Lori really wanted to go parasailing, her sister went when she was in Nice and said it was a lot of fun so we decided to go to. It was 30 euros but I think it was totally worth it.

near the port
We went over to the little area where you parasail and paid and such. We watched a few people go before us, it looked awesome! We got up there and it was soo much fun! Such a great experience. I'm really glad we did it and I'd recommend it to everyone. After parasailing we met up with the 2 guys again and decided to take the bus to a little beach we heard about at our hostel. It took a little bit to get there, and it was getting kind of cloudy but we went anyway. The beach was really nice, I'm sure it would have been better if it wasn't so cloudy. The water was sooo cold. And all beaches in Nice are rock beaches. Oh well.

Then we took the bus back to town and then took another bus back to the last stop and then called our hostel and they came and picked us up. We had some dinner there again and some more 1 euro beers.

i think this is a cute picture..
We went on the internet for a bit as it was free! And really fast too, it was awesome. We started playing some Kings Cup and then some more people joined in and it became a pretty big game. Then we decided to play some 'screw' the dealer..Which is also an awesome game if you've ever played it. We were playing with some Spanish(I think they were Spanish) people, Canadians, Aussies and Americans. its hard to teach people that don't speak English drinking games, but this one isn't very complicated. We had a lot of fun though, we met some reeally nice people that night. We went to bed semi early as we had to wake up semi early to catch a train to Barcelona...or so we thought...

city rating number 21

NICE:
3/2 Hostel
2/2 People
2/2 Nightlife
1.5/2 Sites
1/2 Weather
+1 bonus for going parasailing!
-1 for wasting a whole day :(

beginning of kings cup
beginning of kings cup
drinking the kings cup is not fun
drinking the kings cup is not fun
me and our aussie friend.
me and our aussie friend.
i dont know who those 2 guys are.
i don't know who those 2 guys are.
cards and beer. very important.
cards and beer. very important.
Nice