Barbra Streisand ruined our Schonbrunn experience

Vienna Travel Blog

the view from our room

This was our last day in Vienna and we went to see the Schonbrunn Palace. We took the metro there and thats where I encountered the nastiest toilet I'd ever seen. Ugh. So gross. Anyways, we didn't go in the actual palace, we just walked around it. But when we got there they were setting up for a huge concert right at the entrance so we didn't get to see the front of the palace and there was a sign up that made no sense at all. But we just went to the back and walked around. We went in the little maze that was there and played some of the games in the Labrynth. It was pretty sweet, and we got the under 19 price again. We ran into Aaron there and made plans to meet up at Wombats again.

After exploring the palace we went back to our hostel to check out and store our bags as we had to catch a flight to Athens at like 11:30 at night.

riight..
We sat in the bar and played cards for a bit where we decided to take a picture of where our room used to be..and guess whos standing in the window of the room right next to ours? Our trip twins again. Geez eh? So we kept playing cards and a few more people joined in, then Aaron came. But Lori and I had to leave and we were pretty sad because we were having a lot of fun. But we had a flight to catch.

So we got to the airport after taking the shuttle that literally had 4 people on it. We check in for our flight and then waited. There was quite a few other backpackers on the flight and we talked to them for a bit before our flight. The plane was small but pretty nice I guess. We got into Athens at 3am.

city rating number 14

VIENNA
4/2 Hostel
2/2 People
2/2 Nightlife
2/2 Sites
2/2 Weather
+1 BONUS for small world(guys from england spending a week with our highschool buddies)
+1 BONUS for lori falling on her face...
14/10

some people we met playing cards
some people we met playing cards
more people playing cards with us
more people playing cards with us
on our way to the airport!
on our way to the airport!
on the airport shuttle bus