Auschwitz and our first meeting with our trip twins

Krakow Travel Blog

Instead of doing a tour of Auschwitz Lori and I went with someone from our room instead. We just took the bus there, which was only like 7 zoltys(or whatever their moneys called) for one way. We got to Auschwitz and signed up for the 3 hour tour and the video. I'm so glad we did. We first went into the area to watch the video, which was of the Soviets liberating the camp. It was very sad. From there we started the tour.

Our tour guide was really good, she was very interesting. She took us all over, we went in a lot of the different blocks and I learned so much about Auschwitz that I never knew, it was definitely very interesting. We spent a couple hours in Auschwitz I, including going to the gas chambers, which was a sombering experience to say the least.

From there we went to Auschwitz II, or Birkenau, where the majority of people died. It was huge, I couldn't believe how big it was. It was unreal being there, its hard to believe how cruel people can be to other people. It was a really good experience and if you go to Krakow, Auschwitz is definitely a must.

When we got back we had some new roomies at our hostel. Little did we know we'd be seeing them a lot more. It was 4 guys from San Francisco-Jesse, Jeff, Jason and Todd. We went out with them, first to just sit on a patio for a couple of drinks. Then we went to a club in Krakow that was really intense. It was soo hot in there I couldn't believe it, everyone was sweating like mad and some people were taking clothes off. It was a pretty fun night. We had to leave at 7am for Prague so Lori and I decided to stay up all night. I ended up sleeping for one hour maybe but Lori pulled an all nighter and we caught that train to Prague bright and early.

city rating number 12

gas chamber
gas chamber
birkenau
birkenau
where the trains came in.
where the trains came in.
birkenau, the nazis destroyed it
birkenau, the nazis destroyed it
these are our trip twins
these are our trip twins
this is how we got back that night…
this is how we got back that nigh…
Krakow