Athens is sketchy at 4am..and scorching hot at 2pm!

Athens Travel Blog

me and the Theater of Dionysis

So when we got to Athens it was in the early hours of the 20th. We didn't know where our hostel was except that it was close to the Acropolis. We wandered around for a bit and asked some people for directions. It was a good time, and then a sketchy stray dog started following us around. We finally found our hostel and checked in, but told them we were only staying 2 nights instead of 4. The guy didn't seem to happy, but whatever. He told us our room number, and we had to walk up the stairs because we couldn't fit in the elevator with our bags. But when we got up there we couldnt find our room, the numbers just skipped ours! So I walked back down and he told us we had to walk through another room to get to it.

heading to the acropolis
Hm, that would have been nice to know BEFORE we got up there, geez. It was really dark and we tried to be quiet but it was a bit hard as we didn't know where our beds where, and they were both top bunks and there were no ladders! But we were so tired we eventually got to sleep.

We woke up pretty late, at like 11:00, but we were planning on getting up super early. We got ready and headed out for some sightseeing. We walked up towards the Acropolis and bought the 12 euro ticket thats good for 5 or 6 sights. It was so hot and there was nowhere to hide from the heat! It was insane. We walked up to the Acropolis and on the way was the theater of Dionysis. It was pretty cool. The Acropolis was really awesome, and the view of Athens was sweet, Athens is huge though! I couldn't believe it. We walked around up there before heading back down to go to the Temple of Olympian Zeus.

It was huge! It was really awesome, I loved all the history in Athens, its all so interesting. And there are a ton of stray dogs there, I couldn't believe it!

We wanted to find an internet cafe to book a hostel and figure out how to get to one of our hostels but it was soo hard to find one! We wandered around Plaka for 2 hours I swear, which wasn't bad because Plaka is pretty awesome. Everyone kept pointing us in different directions it was so frusterating. After a certain point we didn't even care about the internet we just wanted to know where this mystery cafe was. We finally found it and I swear we walked up stairs for like 20 minutes! But we finally got there and did what we had to do.

Then we headed back to our hostel where they had changed our rooms without telling us! So we had to go pack up our stuff and head to our new room, which was pretty sweet.

Athens is huge!
It had a patio and was right near the rooftop bar. We went up there and had a couple beers and then met some people from our room for dinner. We went back to Plaka and had an amazing Greek dinner. It was 15 euros and you got to choose  12 different traditional greek foods and share them and it came with water and a liter of wine and dessert! It was delicious. After we went back to our hostel and chilled on the rooftop bar until it closed at 12 and then went to another bar for a bit, but we didn't stay too long as we had to wake up at 5 to get ready and catch our ferry to Ios.

city rating number 15

1/2 Weather
7.5/10

maybe its not so big..haha
maybe its not so big..haha
the temple of zeus with the acropo…
the temple of zeus with the acrop…
stray dog