Beautiful City!

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

Today we started out by going to the Jardin Botanico, which was beautiful. I was amazed that such a big garden existed in this city. I definitely wish Chicago could have a park like Buenos Aires'. Next we went to the zoo, which was the most unique zoo I've been too. Of course there are all the normal animals, but there are also beaver-like creatures, many waterfowl, and these pudu-looking things that wander all around the park. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that food prices within the zoo were the same as outside the zoo (take that Brookfield).
    We ate lunch in a nice pastry place, which had very tasty and cheap empanadas. We then walked towards the Recoleta neighborhood where we went to the Museo de Bellas Artes. For a free museum it had a pretty nice collection. My favorite part of the day by far though was just wandering around this gorgeous city. Where we walked was all grass and trees and beautiful public art. I'm thoroughly impressed by how well-kept the city parks are. Tomorrow we're hoping to rent bikes and spent more time in the parks, so hopefully it doesn't rain!