back in Canada

Montreal Travel Blog

I arrive in Canada a few weeks before my sister’s wedding: just enough time to get my dress made and help with last-minute wedding preparations. After the wedding is over, I head back up to Montreal to go back to my old job for the summer.

There’s no question that my ‘year off’ is not going to be confined to a year. Canada is just a temporary stopping point to pay off my credit card debt and save a little for my next move. I stay in Montreal for the summer, working as much as possible, while I plan my departure. Montreal is a beautiful city, and working in the old port is fun, but I want to make sure I get out before the cold weather comes!

I’ve decided I’ll fly to Fort Lauderdale, and take my scuba instructor course. There’s a school there, ProDive, that offers job placement, so I’m hoping I’ll find something right away. I make plans to leave in September.

The summer passes quickly, and it’s time to go again- yehhh! My heart fills with happiness at the thrill of heading off to the unknown once again. The school suggests a few hotels that they can arrange accommodation at (the course itself is less than two weeks, though some people take several courses, and may be there for several months), but they’re a little pricier than I was hoping for. I decide I’ll just check into a cheap motel once I get there, and try to look for a room to rent by the week, as I don’t know how long I’ll stay around waiting for work to come up.

Montreal