European couch crawl

London Travel Blog

I flew into England, and spent the next few months travelling around visiting friends in England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Spain and Austria.  The details of those adventures will all be in my 'European couch crawl blog', as soon as I get it written! (I have an easier time writing about where I was working than where I travelled without working, as the details are fresher in my mind).  From there, on to Egypt: all the details on the one I have already written in a blog.  So once I was in Egypt, I decided not to return to Cayman.  Unfortunately, a few months after that decision, the terrorist attacks left me without work (that sounds so petty: I didn't mean it to undermine at all the terrible tragedy of all who died in those attacks, just establishing my timeline).  So I was off again!

I bought one of the only tickets out that were remaining from Hurghada, as several of the charters had already stopped running.  Flew to Amsterdam, spent a night in a hostel, and then out again the next day, over to England.  I wasn't sure where to head next.  Christmas was approaching.  I decided if I could find a cheap flight to Australia, I'd head there, as I hoped that I might be able to find some under-the-table work (you can only get a working holiday visa once, so I would go on a 3 month tourist visa)  with my old employer in Sydney, and if I couldn't find a cheap ticket, then it would be back to the cold of Canada.

I found a cheap deal, so I was headed back off down-under.

London