AsiaTaiwanTaipei

Departure from Japan to Taipei

Taipei Travel Blog

Narita Airport before departing

This is the start of the journey from Japan to Taiwan.   Our flight left Narita airport around 3pm and we arrived into Taipei at around 6pm it was a very short flight.  Actually the bus ride out to the airport took longer than the plane flight.

Upon arrival at Narita airport we check in for our flight but had to wait as they had not opened the check in counter yet so 30 minutes of waiting in line and finally they opened.

We were flying with Cathay Pacific Airlines.  Whilst checking in and chatting to the check in clerk I find out she had previously been living in my hometown for a while as an exchange student what a small world.

Cathay Pacific
  So I kindly asked if there would be a chance of an upgrade to business class as it was my husband and my first wedding anniversary.

Well she checked her computer and said it was not possible but then at the end of the whole check in process she tells me she has a little surprise there were business class seats available and we could have them so she upgraded us including my parents...lets just say the 4 of us were ever so greatful for this let me tell you words can not express the joy I felt at that moment not only for the fact that I knew my poor 6ft husband and 6.2ft father would not be all squashed up in economy but we would start our holiday off in luxury.

After flying business class I will never fly economy again.

Business Class Cathay Pacific - this is the life.
  It was just awesome I recommend asking next time you fly if there is an upgrade available you never know.  The staff on board Cathay Pacific also gave my husband and I an anniversary present.  A nice bottle of Champagne. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.  I would highly recommend flying with Cathay Pacific for any long haul journeys you may take.

Upon arrival in Taipei we headed for the transportation counter to get a car to take us to the hotel.

The guy says he can get us a car for 1800 NT so we agree he tells us to wait outside and it will arrive in 4 minutes we are waiting when he comes out and says he cannot do it and gives us our money back then directs us to another car company who proceed to tell us they have no cars available this is all very stressful and I’m not very happy about it.  I make this known and then the guy says okay he can take us again finally after a lot of stuffing around about 1 hour later the car arrives to take us to the hotel.

Taipei Airport Arriving
  I’m not very sure what the whole thing was about but the man told us he was in trouble with police and had some kind of fine. HMMMMMMMM all very dodgy but we arrived safely so it was all good.

I recommend finding a reputable form of transportation from the airport to the hotel before you arrive in Taipei.

Upon arriving at the hotel we were shown to our rooms.  The check in staff didn't speak very good English but were very friendly.  When we got our rooms they were very small and not what I had booked on the internet so I told the woman this so she said okay we could change but because we had arrived late there were no large rooms available.  So she shows my husband and I to another room when we go in its a little bigger and we say okay.  Then we move our bags there we find the air conditioner is not working so we tell the woman this again and she finally sighs and then moves my parents and my husband and I into 2 very large sized rooms.  Hmmmm again very dodgy after having been told that no large rooms where available.  I guess the more you complain in Taiwan the more you get.

I recommend if you are not happy with what you get the first time complain and suddenly you will see that it’s available.

portia says:
sorry to hear about the troubles you had to go through with the taxi and the hotel, but glad it turned out ok.
Posted on: Jul 25, 2007
Cathay Pacific
Business Class Cathay Pacific - th…
Business Class Cathay Pacific - t…
Business Class Cathay Pacific