Around and about...

Nashville Travel Blog

Today was a good day spent with my family driving around Nashville and looking for places for my sister to live. I met them over at McDougal's in Hillsboro Village, a really trendy area of town with a lot of boutique shopping. McDougal's is a really casual chicken and wings place that a lot of college students go to. We then headed to the shops to do a little bit of browsing. Pangaea is one of my favorites, with a lot of eclectic gifts and clothes. It has a very Mexican feel to it with many of their items featuring Spanish phrases and such. We then went to A Thousand Faces, a more upscale gift boutique with a lot of art pieces on display. We drove around the Belmont/Hillsboro Village area looking at apartments, condos, etc. After a while we made a little stop at a little popsicle place called Las Paletas. There are all kinds of popsicles, from the normal to the rare. Chocolate mint, pineapple, strawberry, rose petal, hibiscus and watermelon con chile are a few of the flavors that are featured. It was packed in there. The popsicles run abour $2.15 each. After taking a break at my parents' hotel room, we all freshened up and headed out to dinner. We decidedon the Gerst House near downtown Nashville. Obviously, a German restaurant. The oompah band was in full swing and the goblets of beer overflowing. We all tried different German dishes, mine being jager schnitzel. Really good! I had a sides of red cabbage and spaetzle. Very interesting and entertaining! Afterwards, we headed to Green Hills Mall where we walked around and visited a really good bookstore, Davis Kidd, and then headed upstairs for some Starbucks. All in all a good day and most of it spent laughing our heads off.
londonbella says:
we laughed?? I don't remember... hahaha. mama is hilarious!
Posted on: Jul 22, 2007