stuttgart is in the middle of nowhere

Stuttgart Travel Blog

i was late meeting daniel at burger king, they were waiting for me, thank god that they waited enough :D well daniel is russian and he was with his girlfriend theyre going to stuttgart and wanted to hitch some people along - my seatmate was matze a student from wuppertal which is not far from düsseldorf. so the four of us drove from düsseldorf to stuttgart - i was happy because we started 5 minutes after 3 pm, so ill be in my aunts place at about 7-8 pm. i was a little bit shy to talk, because if i dont know the people - you cant force me to talk :D then after 2 1/2 hours of driving, daniel decided to make a stop. so matze and me got out and smoked while daniel and his gf went for a snack in the resting place. matze was cool, we talked about studies and why do we visit stuttgart and stuff. so after that was more comfortable - then suddenly as we entered baden würtembereg border.. manno......... there was a big traffic jam for TWENTY SEVEN kilometers in the auto bahn. it was big construction site all over. so i arrived in stuttgart about 9 pm.. exhausted from sitting. hahahaha...

suttgart is the capital of baden württemberg - where luxury cars are made - porsche and mercedes benz, so the city is not poor. but all over the state - it is the only big city - its really in the niddle of nowhere - once you got out of it - small cities are 1-2 hours away by trains or cars.

it is very confusing in the cebtral station of stuttgart (also one of the dirtiest ive ever seen) the sbahn (stadt bahn - connecting city zones and nearby cities) are also underground together with the subways and ive never seen so many desperate looking people in my life.  anyway - im glad im there rather than sitting and my ass stuck in that horrible traffic.
photo by: lapostol77