AsiaJapanTokyo

This is how it began... and really small world!

Tokyo Travel Blog

It always starts like this.

I was going to another destination, well, in Kedarnath for my so-called "Golden Week Holidays" in Japan this year.
Remembering my trip to Badrinath, Uttaranchal, I thought it was the time to do another one of "Chardham Yatra" this year and I thought I would go to Kedarnath to feel the vibe of Shiva.
Googling lots of information about Kedarnath, (and even found official facebook page of it!), found out that the opening of Kedarnath this year was in the mid of May. I checked that the bus to Gaurikund is still available all year long, but I was a bit frightened to take a bus which may be vacant or no accommodation after 10 hours of hike, I decided to give it up.

I already booked my round trip tickets to Delhi and wondered where I would go. I still didn't want to visit any touristy sites such as Agra, Varanasi, Jaipur etc, and wanted some "overlooked sites" in India. After doing a lot of web searches, something caught my eyes.

The Great Rann of Kutch. The huge salt lake which gets totally dry before monsoon and it turns into white desert. And there are lots of villages local tribes who are working on with traditional handcrafts around, and people are shy and honest even though English is not widely spoken...... Yes, that's what I was looking for!

Just before the trip, one of my best friends from high school came back to Japan for her holidays from Aus and we were having dinner together, and when I was asking her which date she was leaving Japan, she said the exact date when I was leaving for India. And she told me that she was flying from Haneda airport, where I was flying from. Cool, we may see each other at the airport! But we were talking about our flights in detail, we found out that we were going to be on the same flight to HK as a first leg......Hahaha, that's super cool! Such a small world!!

So finally the day of my trip came. I met Kayo (my friend) at the airport and had check-in. We already designated the seats next to each other.
When I was in a line at the check-in counter, I found a guy whom I was familiar with... it was one of my good friends from high school's husband! Haha such a small world again!

Although our flight delayed about half an hour due to bad weather in HK,  we finally arrived at HK airport.
I had 4 hrs layover and we were talking about having some tea at the airport with her friend who was picking her up at the airport. (Kayo was having a stopover in HK.)
When he arrived, he suggested us to go into the city and have small snack before I leave, so we went into Central and had some chatting over a bowl of wonton noodle :-)

Apurva_N says:
Interesting. :)
Posted on: Sep 26, 2013
Lotus28 says:
Thank you so much for your congrats! I haven't even finished writing though, the more articles and photos are coming. I will try to speed up writing so that it would deserve a feature ;-)
Posted on: May 23, 2013