San Francisco and the rest of the Bay Area

San Francisco Travel Blog

Palace of Fine Arts

My current project is located in Santa Clara, CA but I had some friends from the east coast coming to the Bay Area and figured I'd join them since I wasn't too far away.

We stayed at my friend's condo in Oakland. I must say that there are some parts that are decent and some that are straight up ghetto. Kids playing in the street while cars passed by. Lots of poverty as well. But I'm from LA so in a way I wasn't that shocked.

Anyways, we took the ferry from Oakland to the San Francisco port. My friends took an Alcatraz walking tour while I ventured into the city by myself all day. I decided to take a cable car transportation. It was $11 for a full unlimited day of transportation.

View from Lombard Street
It was super crowded and the people working there weren't very nice or helpful. In fact, they were quite rude and aggressive. I first stopped at Union Square which is a big shopping district. They had the usual upscale shopping which I perused. I ventured to the mall for some food. I realized it was a very upscale food court with gourmet food. Prices were decent, seating was packed, service was nice!

I walked a whole lot that day. You need really good walking shoes to walk up those steep hills. Especially Lombard street!

I also had a chance to check out Lucky Chances Casino in Daly City. If you are Filipino like I am..this is a great place to get filipino food 24/7. Especially after hitting the nightclubs and your starving.

Speaking of night clubs, we checked out Fluid which had really good music. Alcohol was normal priced like $8-11.

I also ate at at cool Thai place called Osha. Prices were reasonable around $10 a plate. Ambiance was really nice though!

Overall, it was a great trip with good food!

Lombard Street