I Love Resorts World Manila

Pasay City Travel Blog

RWM chips :)

That Resorts World is my favorite place in Manila does not make me a gambler. I just love this place so much that I usually come here at nightfor a succulent dinner and some leisure such as shopping, watching movie, and a little fun inside the casino. If you happen to be just around Pasay and you felt like going out for some good food and entertainment, go to Resorts World. It is just around NAIA Terminal 3.

Upon entry, prepare to have your bag thoroughly checked. Their security is highly reliable.

SHOPPING

Once inside the lobby, just keep walking to your right or left to check the posh stores such as Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, etc. The Newport Mall extends up to the third floor where my favorite store, Michael Antonio, is located.

Michael Antonio has amazing shoes! You’ll also find Mango, Guess, Lacoste, Charles & Keith, La Senza,Call it Spring &Herbench at the third level.

DINING

There are plenty of restaurants at the second floor. We usually dine at Crisostomo’s for luscious Filipino foods. Try their kare-kare, binagoongan and cheesy eggplant. Dining here can be kind of pricey. If you’re on a budget, right outside the Resorts World building, you’ll find Shakey’s, Classic Savory, Pancake House and McDonald’s.

If you’re really on a very very tight budget, why not go to the casino, take a seat on one of the baccarat tables, order a coffee or iced tea right away. It’s for free.

CASINO

Right in front of you upon entry is the huge casino.

Immediately you’ll be entranced by the inviting music coming from inside. Expect another inspection of your bag. You can leave your other stuffs at the baggage counter at the right. You should be of legal age to be allowed to get inside. On my case, which happens most of the time, they’d usually ask my age first, and it flatters me by the way to think that I look like a minor, a 16 year-old maybe lol. To see if I’m not lying, they’d give a quick follow-up question “What year were you born?” If still in doubt, they’d ask for my ID so it’s important to bring one.

At the center is the Bar 360, with a stage where singers or bands & dancers perform on stage 360 degrees.Chill with some vodka at the Bar 360; it’s a cozy bar & you get to watch the band or dancers right in front of you.

Performers were mostly beautiful Russians; expect a girl named Tatiana. It’s easy to tell if you are a newbie in the place because you can’t keep your eyes off the entertainers. They do the same thing, same old production every time, and so patrons had already enough of them. Except for the random bands performing on scheduled dates. And if you're lucky, you get to see a Filipino celebrity or famous singers perform for free.

Most casino players were Chinese, Koreans & Filipinos. I rarely see a Caucasian playcards inside. They just usually chill at the Bar 360.There are plenty of gaming tables & slot machines up to the second floor.

When playing, do not put your phone on the table or you’ll look like a newbie. Strictly no commissions to dealers so don’t consider tipping them.

Even if I was just watching & not playing at all, I can enjoy their unlimited supply of coffee & iced tea. See this is a very nice place with very nice people.Unlike other casinos such as PAGCOR at Heritage Hotel, since there are only few tables, they do not allow you to sit unless you’re a player.

CINEMA

Yes, for the film buffs, there’s a theater inside. Premier showings are usually held in the Newport Cinema. Plays and musical shows are occasionally being shown.

GETTING THERE

Just hail a cab to Resorts World Manila. Taxis around Pasay sure know how to get there. Going home, there’s a safe and decent taxi line right outside the main entrance of the Resorts World.

Pasay City