...so I can fly back to Cincinnati

Columbus Travel Blog

OK, so I lied in the previous post.  I wanted to be ready in plenty of time, but I just couldn't do it.  After my Indy trip, I was trying to catch up on missing two days in the office, so I was a bit late leaving for my half day off.  And of course I had left all my packing until Thursday afternoon when I got home from my half day of work.  So frantic packing ensued and I was off for Columbus around 3:00 PM.

Trip takes about 1.5 hours, and I also had a task I was supposed to accomplish once I reached the airport.  My parents had flown out of Columbus on Wed, and that morning my dad had called from Atlanta telling me he wasn't sure if he had locked his car and asked if I could check it when I parked.  Unfortunately when I reached the airport the parking lot where my parents car was located was full and blocked off to additional cars.  Needless to say I didn't get to check the car.

Parked the car, hopped in the shuttle, headed to the terminal to check in - 4:45 PM, flight departing at 5:50 PM.  Cutting it a bit close, but made my flight without a whole lot of hassle.

On the way back to Cincinnati, it's always amusing to hear the pilot announce the flight information:  "Wheels up to touchdown will be a quick 25 minutes at a cruising altitude of 10,000 ft."  No time for any drinks or pulling out any approved electronic devices on this flight.

Columbus