Back from the Galapagos!!

Guayaquil Travel Blog

Just arrived back from an amazing week sailing around the Galapagos Islands, on a plush Catermaran called Nemo 1.  Was one of the best weeks from our trip so far. Spent 8 days on the boat with 10 other passengers, all really cool people from all over. Most of which are just starting thier trips!!  One of the highlight for me included getting the confidence back to dive (after shocker in Argentina) Saw White tipped sharks, Green sea turtles, sea lions (just like puppy dogs) Sting rays, sea snakes, 1 lone penguin & loads of fishies.  I was really pleased Mart persuaded me to go for it, as he did a dive before me aswell.   We visited lots of different islands, mainly all volcanic, but all slightly different. On land we saw tons of Iguanas and sea lions, and some lovely birds; Friggat birds, Pelicans, Albatross, Blue footed boobies, plus loads more. Have some great video footage of Albatross mating, the funniest sight ever and Pelican mothers feeding thier babies (looks painful) and Friggat birds inflating their red neck pouches to attract the ladies.... We were soo lucky to get so close as they not scared at all!!

All the crew on the boat were brilliant, we ate like kings and were looked after soo well. Loads of space for chilling in the sun too while crusing along.  Would highly recommend going to anyone who is interested in birds and animals as you will never get closer!!

Now back in Guayaquil, nout much to do here, Mart is in the room and has just got a pizza menu to get take away... Yum!! somethings never change!

Leaving tomorrow, to head to the coast to a small town called Puerto Lopez.

sandyram says: