My helpful tour guide Phuc in Nha Trang

Nha Trang Travel Blog

Large sitting Buddha
As I popped down to Phan Rang bus station, I was asked for an extorted price of 100,000 dong for the journey to Nha Trang, whereas usually it should only be 50,000. I bargained but failed to get the price at 50,000 as they just walked away and ignored me, so I settled on 70,000.

After yet another scenic bus ride from Phan Rang Thap Cham, I settled in at Phu Quy Hotel, for $8 a night I had the luxury of aircon YAY! HEHEHEH

After lunch, I walked to the beach as it was only a street away. Whilst I was walking around, and enjoying the beach, the mountains and islands a Xe Om (motodop) driver approached me and introduced himself as Phuc.
Nha Trang Beach
Phuc showed me his notebook which had many messages left by satisfied customers. He especially showed me the customers from Melbourne, Australia.

After quickly discussing an itinerary and price, I managed to bargain it down to 80,000 Dong. The itinerary was to visit the Po Nagar Cham Towers, Long Son Pagoda and then finish of with a ride around the countryside.

The Po Nagar Cham Towers, was an impressive site, situated on top of a hill besides the water. It was built between the 7th and 12th century, and was used as a Hindu site as early as the 2nd C. After visiting the numerous Cham sites in Phan Thiet, and Phan Rang Thap Cham, I have realised that they all still contain decent statues, Linga's and Yoni sculptures, which the Angkor temples of Cambodia lack!

After admiring the towers and watching people pray and give offerings, we quickly departed to our next destination of Long Son Pagoda, which contained a huge Thai reclining buddha, and an impressive white sitting buddha.
Dusk at Nha Trang
At the very top I was asked to buy a drink and straight away refused as the price was 10,000 Dong whereas outside it's only 4,000!!!! As I walked away the female seller started mumbling curse words under her breath, I simply ignored it and headed back down.

The ride around the countryside was an amazing ride, however it is a shame that it was already getting dark so there are no photos to show of this journey!

My Xe Om, Phuc was a very helpful fella as he took me for a ride along the beach the next morning, before heading to the fishing village and to the bus station. He went out of his way once he dropped me off, to only return and inform me of my ticket to make sure that I jumped on the right bus. Cheers Phuc, really appreciate it!

I purchased my ticket to Quy Nhon for the standard price of 65,000 Dong, however I had to wait 3 hours before it departed, so back I went towards the beach and had a few beers.
Nha Trang city from my hotel
Nha Trang city from my hotel
Po Nagar Cham, Cham Towers
Po Nagar Cham, Cham Towers
View from Po Nagar Cham
View from Po Nagar Cham
Inside one of the towers of Po Nag…
Inside one of the towers of Po Na…
Forgotten Vietnamese hat