Wats, Wats and more Wats, a.k.a Temples, Temples and more Temples

Kampong Cham Travel Blog

Wat Kirirongsitanaram Phnom Ksach
After a hectic first few days, reclaiming my delayed luggage, visiting temples after temples in Phnom Penh, and paying a visit to Toul Sleng prison, I set off to my father’s home town, Kampong Cham.
My cousin and I headed off to Kampong Cham late in the afternoon and arrived slightly before 8. The bus fare for the 3 hour drive was a measly 10,000 Riel (approx $2.50US). The road was fairly good; however certain portions needed heavy maintenance.

The following day we set off early in the morning to visit my very aged great uncle. The ride was long and draining, giving me a sore butt as we headed out into the countryside. After giving some fresh fruits as an offering (Bonn), we said by and set off.

We decided to try to set out to an ancient ruin that I had visited the previous year, situated in the middle of the rice fields. However Prasat Yeay Hom was inaccessible as the road leading to the ruin was shocking, and in order to set out to the ruin, we had to leave the motorbike in the middle of no where without anyone to mind it and waddle through a small creek. We ended up giving it a miss after the treacherous ride to the very entry point.

Along the way home to kill some time, we popped into countless local temples just to admire the architecture. Unfortunately I can't list the temples I visited as they are still on my camera and I haven’t yet transferred them!!!

[All the photos that I took at the many Wats I visited are long gone.... my memory card became corrupt and was going to retrieve it via data recovery but the Vietscamese stole my camera and daypack when I was in Hanoi]
Kampong Cham