Unfortunately the Last Leg of My Trip

Bangkok Travel Blog

As the final day comes to an end, I spend my last days on my 4 month journey in bustling Bangkok, or as the title of the city Krungthep Mahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahinthara Ayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amonphiman Awatansathit Sakkathattiya Witsanu Kamprasit roughly translated as "The city of angels, the great city, the eternal jewel city, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukam"

A bus organised by Jolly Frog Guesthouse cost 120Baht which dropped us off at Khao San Road.
The mini van was jam packed with 11 foreigners. I spent a few hours roaming around Khao San, and then wandered to the Democracy Monument and finally making my way to the giant swing. It was only after this that I found that it was ridiculously hard to find a taxi back to my friend's place in Bang Sen district. I had an early night.

The following morning on my VERY last day I caught a taxi to River City Complex to see a huge selection of antiquities acquired from neighbouring countries. It was astounding and very depressing to see so many art pieces, some of which were obviously replica's while some were geniune.

After about an hour talking with a specialist in Khmer art, I walked my way through the very hectic and busy China Town to the Grand Palace so I could catch a ferry to Wat Arun (Yes I know it was a very very long walk).

Wat Arun is an impressive site to be seen from a distance, but I didn't really like it when I arrived and roamed around the complex. The five towers were constructed in the Angkor style.

After Wat Arun, I continued my last few hours roaming around trying to make use of my last moments in Asia. Before heading back to my friends place to pick up my bags, I stopped off at Chatachak Weekend market and bought a few souveniers with the little I had left.

I said my goodbyes and thank yous to my friend's mom for letting me leave my big luggage at their place, and caught a taxi to the airport which cost 250Baht. I SOOOO DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE... as I sat there at the airport I was thinking HOW CAN I STAY... HOW CAN I EXTEND MY TRIP... LOL .. sigh back to reality....
Khao San Road