Trying to Take it Easy in Kampong Cham

Kampong Cham Travel Blog

Joyful Kids at Wat Sotasasnaram
Well after waiting for an hour in front of the Royal Palace on the 31st of October, for a fireworks display, I was utterly disappointed!

Apparently there were fireworks the night before, and I simply wasted my time coming back to Phnom Penh for the day, whereas I could of spent that extra day or so and extended my stay in Siemreap.

But the good thing is that there will be a much bigger fireworks display and a bigger festival during the 3 day Bonn Om Touk festival, which I will return for after my 2 days rest in Kampong Cham province.

Over the last few days I haven't really done much, except walk around the small town of Kampong Cham, and visit some relatives. So even though these last few days were designated for rest and family, I was always on my feet and always out and about.
Wat Sotasasnaram off the Tonle (Mekhong River)
.. :S

My grandma fell over twice the other night, but she seems to be ok now...

I walked to a temple along the banks of the Mekong river and was greeted by a whole swarm of kids, wanting to have their pictures taken. I took a few snap happy shots just to please the kids and then was approached by a local, introducing himself in English. I decided to play along and converse in English for a while until he asked what nationality I was and then what ethnicity I was. This is so because he like many others thought I was either Korean or Japanese. As soon as I said I was also Khmer, he could not stop laughing at himself and just didn't believe me! LOL.

Anyways I'm returning to Phnom Penh tomorrow in order to go to a local temple festival called Bonn Katen and then also joining in the festivities of Bonn Om Touk, the big water festival!

Other than that there isn't much else to write since Kampong Cham is a fairly quiet town, and I've already visited many of its ancient ruins and temple sites. So yeah it gives me a breather for a few days as I anticipate more travelling and more festivities!

Allan
Joyful Kids at Wat Sotasasnaram
Wat Sotasasnaram off the Tonle (Me…
Wat Sotasasnaram off the Tonle (M…
Kampong Cham