Partying Cambodian Style

Phnom Penh Travel Blog

I decided to make a quick trip to Phnom Penh for a day, just in case there was something on for the Kings Birthday. To my disappointment nothing much went on.

Instead during the day I was invited to a BBQ/Party, by a group of English students (Khmer's studying English). It was a pretty quiet day, played 13 cards (LOST 6000 Riels!!! Grrrr) and had a huge Cambodian feast. The party was located near the vicinity of Phnom Penh International Airport. The setting was absolutely beautiful as behind the house was a not so small lake, so it was very cool and breezy.

Typical of young teens and adults, they were all trying to get each other trashed. Unfortunately they only had Red Label so I gave it a miss.

Some of the guys said go out and buy a black label then LOL... but yeh I declined the offer and watched amusingly the group of students (PLUS their teachers) dance around to traditional Khmer tunes, and then the more hip modern western tunes.

The day ended surprisingly early and the students all said their farewells and so fourth.

That same night I walked in front of the Royal Palace, as I was informed that there would be a fireworks display at 7. After about 50 minutes of waiting, I decided to call it a night as it didn't seem like they were going to shoot it anytime soon.

This is just a short entry as not much went on....
Phnom Penh