Flight to Bangkok and then a quick day trip to Samut Phrakan

Bangkok Travel Blog

I was picked up from the airport, by a good old Uni friend, Plar. She was kind enough to take me to Samut Phrakan, to visit Muang Borann (The Ancient City)

Muang Borann was a very interesting first stop in Thailand as it gave me an idea of which provinces I would be interested in visiting. Muang Borann is possibly the largest open air museum in the world. It contains over 100 important and historical structures located in Thailand. The site has been designed in the shape of Thailand and the replicas (some life size) are located respectively in their regions.

It was a great place that is not frequented by many tourists, and I believe it was a great introduction to Thailand. I can safely say I visited all of Thailand in 1 day LOL. The replicas were very well made, both structurally, proportionally and intricately, containing all the relevant carvings and designs the original has.

Plar, her youngest brother, her friend and I roamed around Muang Borann for a few hours and then headed for the beach which had thousands and thousands of seagulls flying around everywhere.

The traffic back into Bangkok was even more crazy than back in 2001 when I visited with my parents for 3 days. It took probably an hour to reach home, and I was happy to finally rest my legs and escape the busy traffic.

I ended up staying at Plar's place, as her and her parents kindling invited me to do so. Of course I bought them a present for their generous offer :)
photo by: halilee