Final Day in Siemreap, Daytrip to Prasat Chau Srei Vibol

Siem Reap Travel Blog

On my last day in Siemreap, I booked my Motodop drive for one last day and we headed out to Prasat Chau Srei Vibol, about 10km East from Prasat Kravahn. The ruin was located in a modern day temple complex, and to my surprise the ruin was HUGE! After touring Prasat Chau Srei Vibol, we headed off to Phnom Bok, due north of Prasat Chau Srei Vibol.

Upon arrival to Phnom Bok, I was disheartened as the path up the hill was not capable of supporting two people on a Moto, so I ended up taking the 650+ flight of steps, stopping about 5 times in the smothering heat.

As I reach the top and toured the complex, I was informed that around the base of the hill, not too far out were also other ruins. I quickly clambered down the hill and informed my Motodop and we once again set out to find ancient ruins located in the middle of rice paddy fields and literally out in the middle of no where.

Well I've already got planned my next adventurous trip (if I have time this year, if not it will be my next trip to Cambodia)... I plan to take a Moto up to Preah Vihear province to the ancient cities of Preah Kahn and Koh Ker. From reading other people's travels the journey is a pain in the ass, but it sounds like an awesome experience.

[I have no pictures of this day trip as it was on the memory card that became corrupt, as stated in previous blog entries]
Siem Reap