Extroadinary Cu Chi Tunnels

Cu Chi Travel Blog

At the Cuchi tunnels
The Cu Chi tunnels, was an interesting place, as we got to see the many different types of traps the Cu Chi civilians layed out to hurt their enemies. The Cu Chi Guerilla's were in fact, South Vietnamese inhabitants, however they fought for the North.

All entry fees, proceeds, donations, purchases made at the Cu Chi tunnels goes directly towards the Vietnamese Army, none go to the locals at ALL!

Well we did all the major touristy things at the joint, and crawled through the tiny (well the King sized) tunnels that have been altered for tourists, as the original was only 40cmx30cm or something along those lines, and now its twice the size. But damn it was hot, and frustrating in there LOL.

Anyhow since this was an organized tour, there isn't anything really special about this journey.
American tank
What I really disliked the last few days, was the fact that with these destinations, even though your with one tour group, you'll come across no less than 5 other large bus tour groups!!!! Eeeeps... and the whole tour is sooooo catered for foreigners.... hence the reason why I would of prefered to travel around on my own. BUT the fact that the prices were so incredibly cheap was the main reason why I chose to go on the tour in the first place. If I went independently to these destinations it would of cost me an arm and a leg!

Anyways tomorrow and maybe the day after I plan to just tour the main city "Ho Chi Minh" and then set off on my journey to Central Vietnam on the Sunday morning. So for now Ciao..
Cu Chi