Day trip to Si Satchanalai
Si Satchanalai Travel Blog› entry 54 of 78 › view all entries
January 1st, 2007 – by: droonsta
The ruins that we visited were;
- Wat Chang Lom (a great ruin with many elephants that line the base of the stupa)
- Wat Chedi Chet Thaew (another magnificent site)
- Wat Khao Phanom Pleung (not worth the effort of climbing up the hill)
- Wat Saun Khaew Uthayan Noi (yet another small site)
- Luak Muang
- Wat Chuen
- Wat Chan (remnants of a former Khmer site)
- Wat Mahathat (the highlight of the journey, standing very high is a Khmer styled Prang with a giant sitting Buddha at the front. The steep climb up was well worth the views)
- Wat Chedi Kao Yod (located on the side of the road that's probably not frequented by tourists at all)
- Wat that has no name (yet another quiet site that sits besides the road, the beauty about these two sites, is that these have been left in the middle of the bush and has no tourists)
Si Satchanalai was an amazing trip, well worth the 60km as it was much more quiet and secluded than the Old City in Sukhothai.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!