Fashionable Middle East

Dubai Travel Blog

Me in Dubai

Dubai, Dubai, Dubai! This is where it all starts. I had booked my ticket with lots of time in advance and my itinerary would be simple: Houston-Dubai-Kuala Lumpur, with one night stopover in Dubai. I had never experienced such time zone change in my life, so I was happy to have a few hours to "get used to it" in Dubai.

I took the plane in Houston at about 6 PM. From the bery beginning I was very impressed by the service provided by Emirates, arline of which I will make a review really soon. The flight was really comfortable, 14 hours literally "flew away". Immigration was easy and when I arrived to the airport gate, hotel transportation was already waiting for me. I checked in at my hotel and even though it was late in Dubai time, I was feeling very energetic (it was like 10 AM in Houston, lol), so I decided to take a two hour night tour of the city.

With Burj Khalifa
I was impressed by how everything was so well and conveniently arranged for passengers to make the most of their over night stay in Dubai.

The tour stopped in a few of the landmarks of Dubai: first the Grand Mosque, then the famous Burj-al-Arab hotel followed by Burj-Khalifa, the tallest structure in the world, more than 800 meters tall; the dancing fountains (also the largest dancing fountains in the world) and ending at the Dubai mall, definitively the most luxurious mall I have ever been too! Of course I didn't buy anything there, but you can see that it's a shopping destination for any millionare in the world ;) and also I noticed that Dubai is super relaxed in terms of dress code, you could see lots of women in designers' dresses.

My camera doesn't take very good pics at night, but fortunately I met a travel companion from India who took some really great pics for me (and that I'm sharing with you all here). Anyway, stopping in Dubai was a wonderful experience, I really enjoyed my stay in the city, it's a total global landmark, not too different from NYC I would say :)

I couldn't sleep at all, but I tried to do it during my next flight... next stop: KL!

halilee says:
congrats on your featured blog!
montecarlostar says:
Thanks so much Ils and Ilse! I appreciate it!! ;)
ilserita says:
Congrats on your feature! :)
Me with Burj al Arab