Three site inspections on one day

Hong Kong Travel Blog

The Peninsula Hong Kong

Our day began early with breakfast at the Sheraton Hong Kong and Towers Hotel. This would be our second site inspection on our working holiday. We met Jaly, our host in the lobby at 9am, and then made our way into the restaurant for breaky. This is where Jacqui and I had our breakfast yesterday. I’m not sure if there was a different chef on this morning but neither Jacqui nor I found it as yummy as yesterday. Don’t get me wrong, the food was still utterly delicious, but there was something missing, I just can’t put my finger on what it is.

After breakfast we toured the hotel, we were already familiar with some of it as this is where we stayed. It is a stunning hotel with fantastic facilities.

There wasn’t enough time after the Sheraton site inspection to relax before we were off again, this time to the Peninsular.

View from the roof of the Peninsular Hotel.

The Peninsular... if you ever go to Hong Kong you must, must have a look at this hotel. I would recommend high tea, the great thing about high tea at the Peninsular is, you don’t have to book, the tea starts at 3pm every day and it is first in first served. When we were leaving, there was a queue, so you have to get there early.

The Peninsular treated us to the best meal I had in Hong Kong, lunch in the Spring Moon restaurant. There was an item on the menu that I would never have considered eating, Shark’s fin soup. The name turns my stomach; however, I was game and gave it a try.

We had free time all afternoon that we filled in with shopping (there’s something new) and were due at The Langham Hotel at 5pm for Cocktails and... yep, you guessed it, another site inspection. The Palm Court was the gathering place for our cocktails; I thoroughly enjoyed my Baileys on ice... or two.

vances says:
I do? No butts about it???
Posted on: Feb 19, 2008
Sunflower300 says:
Hehehe, you crack me up, no pun intended.
Posted on: Feb 19, 2008
vances says:
Too funny that you couldn't "put a finger" on what was wrong with the food...you didn't have that conundrum the day before!
Posted on: Feb 18, 2008
The Peninsula Hong Kong
View from the roof of the Peninsul…
View from the roof of the Peninsu…
a suite at the Peninsula hotel