Last day in Hong Kong

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Marriott Lobby

Our last morning in Hong Kong started with breakfast at the Marriott on Hong Kong Island. This is another stunning hotel with magnificent views.

After breakfast Jacqui, Karen and I want back to our hotel to finish packing and I had booked myself in for a massage down the street from the Sheraton. Our flight wasn’t due to leave until the evening, so we still had the whole day to fill in. We all made it a lovely lazy day and did not do anything much at all.

The last day of any holiday is never one I enjoy, no matter how long or short the trip, the feeling of just wanting to go home and at the same time the feeling of not wanting the holiday to end. Today was no different. This had been a pretty full on trip with trotting around the city looking at different hotels and all that shopping, phew, I’m worn out.

I am looking forward to going back to Hong Kong and next time spending time doing other things I like, seeing the Giant Budda, having time to see the peak at night and taking in some cultural events. I did enjoy this time in Hong Kong though and I was glad to have the chance to meet quite a few locals and have the time to talk with them about their city.  It was great picking up some local tips and tricks, some of which I have passed onto you in my next journal entry. I know one thing I will not miss on my next visit to this vibrant city and that is high tea at the Peninsular.

Canton Tea Company, Marriott
Canton Tea Company, Marriott
Mountain view room, Marriott
Mountain view room, Marriott
Wine Cellar, Marriott
Wine Cellar, Marriott
Entrance to Tai Pan Reflexology Be…
Entrance to Tai Pan Reflexology B…
Heading towards Hong Kong airport
Heading towards Hong Kong airport
Hong Kong Sights & Attractions review
This is not really a 'Sight' or 'Attraction' but it is the best place for this review to go. I booked myself in for an hour-long massage; I opted … read entire review