Home Sweet Home

Hobart Travel Blog

Qantas jet in maintenance at Sydney airport

There is nothing better for an Aussie coming home from a foreign country than jumping on a Qantas flight, with the good old Aussie accent and knowing the next time you set foot on solid ground it will be Aussie ground.

The flight home was a typical long haul flight squashed into the rear of a 747 aircraft. Jacqui, Karen and I sat three in a row with me on the aisle (thank goodness, the others were playing piggy in the middle). We had on demand video and all wanted to watch “Kenny”, a very funny Aussie movie, as we all pressed go at the same time, we all laughed out loud at the same time as well. Not too sure how many people we disturbed with our laughter, but boy is it a funny movie.

Our flight took us to Sydney and we had quite a bit of transit time before our connecting flight to Hobart.

Qantas jet
If any of you have transited between Sydney International and Domestic airports, you will be aware of the transit bus that takes you airside. It is always exciting to be inside the gates of an airport when you are not a plane; you get to see all types of goings on.

While waiting for my domestic flight I saw one of the judges for Australian Idol, which had just had its final show at the Sydney Opera House the night before. Then came time for my final flight home to Hobart, and for any cricket fans out there, who should be on my flight, but Boony, former Australian cricketer from the  1980’s and 1990’s. He sat in business class; I did not. However, I was very glad to be home.

Danielle19 says:
I know what you mean about the Qantas flight home. Isnt it great to hear the aussie accents!! I recently flew home from LA and was so happy when I got to the departure lounge for my Qantas flight and heard the aussie flight attendants. There is no place like home after a long trip.
Posted on: Sep 04, 2007
Qantas jet in maintenance at Sydne…
Qantas jet in maintenance at Sydn…
Hobart