Leaving home...Let the games begin!

Manchester Travel Blog

All our bags are packed, were ready to go...Show me the jet plane!

We were dropped of at the airport by Sam's mum, we checked in and found the bar.  After a couple of beers our flight was called, we made our way to the gate, I had left my boarding pass in the bar and had to run back for it...Good start Kat!

Our flight was 30 mins delayed, Steph was excited about flying on the A380, (She works in the travel industry).  As we waited to take off we worked out that to get back the price of our flights we each needed to drink 16 drinks per flight...Challenge accepted! I think we failed the first phase of our 16 drink per flight challenge but we gave it our best shot and thats what counts!

We landed in Dubai around midnight, we had been adviced to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel we had booked, but it was so close, we decided to walk.  I can now say that as 3 girls, wearing shorts and vest tops, wondering around dubai at midnight is not a good idea!  We had to cross 3 duel carrage ways, and only had a vague idea of where we were going, all the divers were beepng there horns at us, it was pretty intimidating if I'm honest.  We finally found our hotel and checked in, it wasnt long before we were in bed and fast asleep.

Manchester