A west indies traveler @ Vancouver, BC

Vancouver Travel Blog

Well, here we go … Destination: Vancouver, BC.

This was one of my pending trips because Vancouver is very close from home (Aprox 3 hrs driving) and some friends and MVPs talked to me about how beautiful Vancouver is and honestly they were right.

In fact I think Vancouver will be a nice place to live because is a city that has the perfect mix between a modern/growing urban city dynamics and a small/quiet lovely town close to the sea. Vancouver is also a cresol of cultures and you can breath it almost everywhere. With a high influence of Chinese culture, the Chinatown is a mandatory stop when visiting Vancouver; it is very big (I think it is similar in size with San Francisco's Chinatown) as well as colorful and fascinating.

We visited an area called Gasville which has small shops, bars and restaurant and a beautiful steam clock which is one of the major attractions there. We stayed at the Sheraton downtown located in the middle of the commercial heart, not good for my pocket because is close to many shops. We visited several places and one of those was the Stanley Park which is a sort of peninsula surrounded of pine forrest, Totems (called the poles) and a perfect view of Vancouver major landmarks. A beatiful park!

We spent two days there and I think were enough to get a nice sense about the beauty of Vancouver, we are also planning to visit Victoria but will be faster and cheaper take a ferry from Seattle than drive 3 hrs to take a ferry J

Another excellent take away from this visit was the duty free shop at the border. I got 1 ltr Black label scotch bottle for $29.99 canadians (aprox US$ 27) which was an excellent deal to re-stock my bar …

Vancouver Sights & Attractions review
Very nice place to visit specially during summit. Sunny and peaceful ...
Vancouver