YabadabaDubai!

Dubai Travel Blog

Bruj Al Arab

My journey started with Emirates Airlines with an overnight transfer in Dubai. The airline provide a accommodation and meal for my over night transit. We landed smoothly in Dubai. I remembered the Emirates staff told me, as a Malaysian, I need a visa to enter the country. Since the accommodation provided is outside of the airport, I would need a visa to get to my hotel.

Upon arrival Dubai airport, I went to the customer service counter where it stated to get visa and hotel there. I was in line for at least 20minutes, out of a sudden the gentleman in the other line just cut in front of me with his six passport s to process! The airline staff did nothing about it but

She started to help him.

I was like hello! Another 10 minutes gone I was still in line. Then there was another staff came in and sat on the counter where that man supposed to get help from. I asked the staff who just came in I'd he could help, apparently he couldn’t! Another 10 minutes gone and the staff asked for my passport. "You don't need to wait here, Malaysia does not need a visa” so I felt pretty stupid waiting in line for more the half an hour. Just because of the wrong information provided by the Emirates staff in Malaysia!

I went through the immigration without problem. I went to the exit 1 as told by the staff. There was a gentleman at the counter for Copthrone Hotel. He was friendly - first ground staff I met that is friendly and he isn't working for Emirates. I waited for about 10 min and the bus from the hotel came pick us up.

Check in at the hotel was smooth and I had lunch by the hotel before I headed out for the 4 hours city tour

Our first stop was the Blue Mosque by the Jumeira Area where all the luxury villas are located. Villas in this area are not allowed to owned/purchased by the foreigners which is 80% of the population in Dubai!

Our next stop was the famous Jumeira Bruj Al Arab that located by the Juimeira beach standing at 321 m (1,053 ft) high and 280 m (920 ft) from the shore. This luxury 5star deluxe hotel building has all suites room ranges from USD 1000 to USD 28000 per night.

Then the bus brought us through the underwater tunnel towards the Jumeira Palm Tree manmade island. The Jumeira Palm Tree consists of a tree trunk, a crown with 16 fronds and a crescent and surrounds it.

We stop by the Atlantis hotel, another super luxury hotel located at the northern most part of the Palm tree island.

The Atlantis hotel is located at the northern most part of the Jumeira Palm tree manmade island. A night in this hotel range from USD500 to USD 30000!

We went back to the city center by the Dubai Mall to watch the 7 pm water fountain show. It was amazing with lights and musicals it last 15 min. This fountain can shot as high as 240feet into the air!

The last stop of our city tour was the Gold souk and spice souk with only a few spice shops. As we were exploring the area, we didn't feel safe walking along alleys though.

monky says:
Hi Vanessa congrats on your featured blog!
simsing says:
Congrats on featured blog, Vanessa!
powderfan says:
This is a very interesting blog! Very well done!
Blue Mosque