Saying Goodbye to the big apple

New York Travel Blog

New York City
At this point, All my friends and family know that we're leaving New York for good on October 1st.

They keep asking me "Aren't you going to miss New York? How can you just LEAVE?"

I AM going to miss New York.

I'm going to miss the feeling of excitment I get in my chest when I walk through Manhattan, the buzz in the air, the feeling of movement, change, chaos. I will miss the craziness, the people that talk too loud and the honking horns. I will miss the sensation of being in the center of EVERYTHING.

I'll miss picking up a copy of "The New York Times" every morning.

But I don't FEEL like a New Yorker. Even though I was born and raised here. I feel like something is missing for me here. Something about the fast paced way of life doesn't fit with who I am.  I can't put my finger on it.

...But I know it's time to leave.
Statue in Central Park

And My Husband doesn't really like it here. Sure, He can get caught up in the excitment of the big apple and he does peer up at the sky scrapers with awe. It's nice to live in the city that never sleeps....But he's really ready to move on too...

We now have the airline tickets to visit San Francisco! They just arrived, I'm holding them in my hands!

This particular trip is going to be a short one. We'll be leaving on THURSDAY,July 19th (early, early in the morning...) and returning July 23rd.

This will be my first time ever in California.

We thought it would be practical to visit our friend BEFORE moving to San Francisco permanently. This way we can get a feel for the area.

I'm really excited!!

In 3 Days I'm going to be visiting my new home!

Times Square
Times Square
Buildings in NYC
Buildings in NYC
Streets of New York
Streets of New York
My Husband on a park bench in New …
My Husband on a park bench in New…
New York