Moving to San Francisco

New York Travel Blog

Big news

There has been a new development in our life and I was waiting until I told all my family members before writing about this.

Our friend from art college that now lives in San Francisco invited us to live with him.

We are moving to San Francisco on October 1st

UPDATE: The date has been moved up to September 10th!

I've never been to California and never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I'd have the opportunity to live there. We talked this through all last week and [b]now it's official[/b]. We ARE going to do this. Life is too short not to.

I can't express adequately in words how excited we are!!!

I have to pinch myself, because it feels too good to be true.

But it's truly happening, that's the next adventure we're embarking on and I just wanted to share the good news:)

So.....In 87 days we'll be driving  cross country from NEW YORK and moving to the west coast. If anyone has been to San Francisco or lived there... or have any gems of knowledge to share about California.... I could use all the help I can get. This is a major move. There is a lot to do and not much time to do it
mkb2006 says:
Great blog!!! What a Trip!!Please give us an update on how life is going in San Francisco. Do you like it? Also check out my blog. I have some questions on moving to San Francisco. Any tips and info? Anyone?
Posted on: Nov 25, 2007
pwatts2 says:
Have been thinking of something similar as the end to a world trip in April 2008, would be really interested to hear how you get on, and any tips you may have! Hope you have a fantastic time.
Posted on: Sep 27, 2007
madeleine says:
Congratulations! :) I'm guessing you are here now? Hope the trip was a good one. I'm a native texan, but moved here over two years ago and love it. I actually live in east bay, Walnut Creek to be exact...however I still love the bay area. A big welcome to you! There are so many things to do out here. Now that you live here, there's no rush to see them all in a short time :)
Posted on: Sep 12, 2007