Shopping and Chocolate, what more could a girl want?

Hobart Travel Blog

Colville Cottage

Up bright and early to shop, shop, shop. Yippee, off to Salamanca Markets. However, not before the most delicious breakfast we had on our trip. The hosts at Colville Cottage cooked us a scrumptious breakfast of scrambled eggs with Tasmanian smoked salmon, Oh! My! God! Talk about delicious! I loved the meal so much I have made it my signature breakfast dish for when I have people come to stay. We also enjoyed freshly brewed coffee whilst sitting in the sunny breakfast room at the cottage. I would have been happy sitting here all morning enjoying the sunshine and coffee, but I had shopping to do.

I shopped up a storm at the market, buying all sorts of gifts for family and friends. After the market, we dropped all our purchases back at the B & B and headed off to Cadbury’s Chocolate Factory for a tour to see the making of delicious chocolates, and to enjoy free samples.

Colville Cottage
Wow, for a chocoholic, this was pure heaven! Boy did we stock up, after the tour you get to go into the shop on site to buy bags, boxes... truckloads of chocolate at discounted prices. We went nuts. Fruit and nuts! We bought something for everyone we knew who liked chocolate, and let’s face it, there aren’t too many people who don’t like chocolate. Who needs lunch when you can stuff yourself stupid on chocolate?

However, by dinnertime, we were hungry again and I had booked us in at Da Angelo’s Italian Restaurant, my favourite place to eat in Hobart. The B & B was within walking distance to the restaurant and on our way back home, strolled around the pretty streets of Battery Point, admiring all the lovely gardens. Unfortunately, there was no roaring fire for us to relax in front of so we just went back to our room.

Sunflower300 says:
I got very carried away with the chocolate, (I also carried a lot of it away) and I enjoyed every minute of it. :)
Posted on: Aug 31, 2007
brown27 says:
seems you got a little carried away with the chocolate or was it a little chocolate carried away with you?
Posted on: Aug 31, 2007