Lizard Island Experience, Day 2

Lizard Island Travel Blog

Sunset Point Villa

A lot of the activities that we had planned were unfortunately pulled due to the weather including the Sunset Champagne cruise (these cruises always seem to get rained out for me and I have never actually seen a sunset on a sunset cruise!) and the picnic lunch we were planning to take out on the dinghies with us. Anyway we managed to take the dinghies out for a snorkel in the Clam Garden at Watson's Bay which was really nice and we even had the sun break through the clouds at one point!!!

We returned for lunch followed by a brief site inspection and had our spa treatments later that afternoon. Most of the other meals are a la carte style fine dining and the quality of the food is exceptional as is the service (I think they have like 100 staff to 80 guests!).

Anchor Bay Suite
With regards to drinks the menus show an inclusive price and and extra cost. They have a variety of inclusive wines of really high standard however the top label wines are surcharged as per the drink menu. With spirits only a limited selection is included and this isn't as per basic or top shelf but goes according to the brand, really confusing Johnny Walker Red was included where as I was charged $10 for a Malibu!! Go Figure!!

I would suggest that clients check the inclusive drinks menu carefully before purchasing however I guess if they can afford to go there in the first place its hardly going to be a major issue. We had a look at the Anchor Bay Suites & also the Anchor Rooms & Anchor Family Rooms but unfortunately no Pavilions available for us to check out.

Anchor Bay Suite - Deck