In Patagonia!

Bariloche Travel Blog

Hey guys!  I´m here in Bariloche! sitting in an internet cafe.  My hostel is amazing.  Met some fun friends and went to dinner with them.  Got some food for tomorrow´s big hike, going to bed real early tonight and doing an 8-hour hike tomorrow.  Completely unprepared for the cold and the rain, we´ll see how it goes  :)  Love you guys!  -Derek
PS - the 21 hour bus ride was a lot of fun actually, very comfy accomodations and good food - 3 meals!  Round trip tickets for 88 USD.  The guy sitting next to me smelled of alcohol and kept stealing food from the back, lol, but he was nice enough. The 2 Israel girls behind me were really cool, talked about going to dinner once we got to Bariloche, but seperated without making plans.  The view was great - window seat on the top side of a double-decker bus - patagonia, la pampa, the mountains, rivers, everything... fabulous!
PPS - be sure to zoom in on the map and checkout the beautiful mountains I´m in!
UniverseRunr55 says:
isn't it beautiful outside of BA :) did retiro work out well for u? it was such a great experience to be in a country completely by urself, relying on your own knowledge to get around and im glad ur getting away from the group to explore all that is awesome about la argentina. enjoy bariloche. ciao for now!
Posted on: May 28, 2006