Boca Juniors game!

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

Hey guys!  I went to a futbol game today... what an experience!  Boca Juniors won a copa this year and this was their last game, a celebratory one that didn't count for much.  The fans are really intense, and the bathrooms were... interesting (to give you an idea, the non-urnials were nothing more than a hole in the ground...).  I ate dos choripanes durante el partido (aunque mi profesor nos dijo no coman nada por miedo de enfermarse), que riquisimo!  (y asi me siento bien).  The best part is that going to the game was considered "class" because of the "cultural experience" ... woohoo!  I am really diggin' the classes here.  But reality kindof hits tomorrow when we start our real classes.  I still have tons of reading to do, so, I better get on it.  Love you guys!  -Derek

PS - el otro equipo importante aqui en Buenos Aires es "River Plate," which is a little more ritzy from what I gather.  CABJ (Club Atletico Boca Juniors) is more the "peoples" team, and our instructor's favorite.
pkinnaird says:
Derek, it sounds like you're having a great time. I know what you mean about not being able to understand native speakers. I called this Austrian lady to double check our reservations and i had no clue what she was saying to me.

i hope we get to go to a fussball game too. didnt even think about that outside of the context of the world cup. anyway, glad you're safe and having fun dude!
Posted on: May 16, 2006
coair says:
Hola, sounds like you've been enjoying learning a new culture...be good and be careful
Posted on: May 15, 2006
agskala says:
I love how you use both English and Spanish..it's helping me remember some of my Spanish :) Glad you're having a good time! I leave on Friday for China!!!!
Posted on: May 15, 2006