What a long night.

Idaho Falls Travel Blog

It seemed like we'd never make it here, but we did make it to Idaho Falls tonight.

The other day, my grandfather commented about how much he's always wanted to see the Grand Tetons, but that this was their last road trip like this, and they'll never make it out this way again.  That saddened me, plus I'd love to see the Tetons, too.

I was looking on a map, trying to figure out how we were going to get to Yellowstone from Idaho Falls and noticed that Grand Teton National Park is 10 miles south of Yellowstone... and he kept saying it's too far out of the way.

I got into the hotel and google-mapped it and it only adds a total of 40 miles to our trip, so I'm trying to show him on a map that it's not, in fact, that far out of the way and definitely worth seeing.

It worked.  Apparently, he thought it was on the other side of Wyoming, which would be way too far out of our way (especially since they need to hit Montana and North Dakota to complete the 48 contiguous states).

I'd love to get to the Tetons sometime before 10am, but the way things have been going, I know that's totally not going to happen.  The sun will either be directly overhead, or heading behind the mountains by the time we get there... I'll make the best of it and get what photos I can.
Idaho Falls