To Taughannock Falls

Taughannock Falls Travel Blog

Obviously this wasn't shot during the summer. This is from March of 2006.
I decided to show Katie what Taughannock Falls looks like.  Raman sure loved it, and I was able to get a very beautiful photograph there last spring.

I accidentally missed a turn in Ithaca and we ended up on a parallel road to the one we needed to be on.  Things just didn't seem quite right, and I discovered that New York has its own Jacksonville.  Luckily we found a cross-road to connect us to where we needed to be.  It took us right to the state park.

Unfortunately, the time of day wasn't conducive to good photos, but I'll post the one I shot last year that I love so much.

We made our way down to the falls and saw some idiots crossed over the railing to walk toward the waterfall itself.  I'll admit, it's pretty tempting to do that, but I was there during the winter when the ice was causing all of the rocks and boulders to shed from the sides of the cliff.  It happens during the summertime, too.  Just as they got to the falls and stuck their hands in the water, a rock fell maybe 50 feet from them and slammed into the ground with the sound of thunder.  Now, given their stupidity, it would be okay if they got themselves killed, but their 4 or 5 year old daughter was following behind them.  Some people just need to be slapped.
Obviously this wasnt shot during …
Obviously this wasn't shot during…
Taughannock Falls