First incredible experience of the trip, pushing a van on the Strip

Las Vegas Travel Blog

This is one I'll never forget.   We're following the GPS directions.  We weren't sure of the exact address of the Sahara hotel, but figured that, if we got onto Las Vegas Blvd and drove toward the strip, we'd find the hotel no problem.  So the GPS took us way north of town..

We pull off the interstate and notice that the lights are flickering on the instrument panel and the headlights are flickering.  The low-battery warning light comes on as does the ABS light.
We get to Las Vegas Blvd and realize we're miles away from where we need to be, so we make a U-turn, just hoping that the van will make it to the hotel.

We come to a stoplight and the van just dies.  I knew what had to be done... Jared and I kick on our flip-flops and jump out of the van and try to push it across a couple lanes of road and into a gas station parking lot.  There were no lights whatsoever on the van so it was kinda scary.  Luckily a dude in the parking lot of the gas station saw what was going on and ran out to help us push it in.  I'm glad he did.  It would have been hard getting it up an incline without him.  We pop the hood, jiggle the battery cable like we did in New Mexico, and it worked just fine.

Definitely something wrong with that battery cable.
Las Vegas