See the Sunset from 'The Hill'
Syracuse Travel Blog› entry 3 of 5 › view all entries
August 9th, 2007 – by: smhirsch
I remember my freshman year at SU, living on "The Mount" which is really the highest point of land the university owns. I was always jealous of the kids that lived on the other side of the hall from me, because they got the view of the sunset every evening...I ended up spending around a half hour sitting in the lounge on the corner of our floor, looking out the west window at the view.
Here are a few places for a really great view:
- Residence Halls
- Haven Hall - any floor above 7
- "The Mount" - Flint Hall and Day Hall are both located on Mt. Olympus Dr., the parking lot has a great view of the hills with the sunset behind them
- Lawrinson Hall - it's 20 floors high, take your choice
- SU Law buildings - great view from the patio between the two buildings
- Crouse College - anywhere on the west side of the building...over near Chancellor Cantor's wall thingy works very well
- Thornden Park watertower - great for lighting/thunder storms, too
- from Comstock Ave.-->turn on Euclid Ave.-->left on Ackerman Ave.--> first right after entering the park
- the corner of Harrison and Ostrom Ave.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!