I love Kuala Lumpur!

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Petronas Towers

After 5 days of travelling round Malaysia, I have to say that Kuala Lumpur is simply wonderful! the people are incredibly friendly, the food is tasty and the shopping is great!! Not to mention the nightlife is da bomb!!

Added to that, the warm weather and enticing mix of urban and rural made my vacation memorable.

I travelled with a fellow JET participant from my country and our first port of call was actually singapore.

we visited a wet market - the first time for me and I was surprised to see the things that were on sale (crocodile, frogs, eels, etc), afterwards, we visited the merlion and a jewellry factory. we also went to an orchid garden - that was sim,ply stunning. I've never seen so many varieties of orchids.

later that night we went walking on orchard road which is simply busltling with people, both foreign and local - there is definitely great ambience! we caught a night flight to Kuala Lumpur and then drove down to Malacca (2 hours).

Typical Malaysia cuisine
malacca is beautiful and the hotel was exquisite - right on the beach! next day we did a lot of sightseeing in malacca, we went to a chinese budhist shrine, a muslim mosque where we dressed in the local wear and to an anglican church. we also climbed to the top of a nearby hill and the views of malacca were spectacular.

we then took the train to Kuala LUmpur and it was a great trip - we actually got to see real homes and another side of malaysia. Once we arrived in malaysia, my friend and I went out walking around and it is so easy to get around Kuala Lumpur and the people are very friendly. we had dinner at an italian restaurant with an arabic theme and tried smoking strawberry flavoured shisha . lyana loved it but I thought it was terrible.

afterwards, i went walking to the petronas towers and came upon a real party district close to the towers. the atmostphere was incredible with lots of people having fun on the streets. walking to the towers was no problem, but walking back, I did get hassled a couple of times by men.

all in all though, I felt safe and would love to go back to Kuala Lumpur any day!

kdixon99 says:
hey what do you do for work in osaka? i love osaka!!!
Posted on: Jul 19, 2007
Water lily
Water lily
Shisha
Shisha
Malacca
Malacca
In the heart of Kuala Lumpur, we …
4,943 km (3,071 miles) traveled