My Experiences in Peru

Lima Travel Blog

During my month holiday in Peru I was able to enjoy many things.  First our trip started off by landing in Lima, a few hours later we flew out to Talara, and travelled from there to Mancora.  Mancora was amazing.  It had beautiful beaches.  We were lucky be being able to get a room right on the beach front.  We stayed there for a week enjoyed the hot sun, body boarding, surfing and we went on a days journey to the nearest sub-tropical rain forest.  We also enjoyed fresh sea food.  After Mancora we headed to Arequipa.  Arequipa has a happening night life, but there is also so much to do in it's surronding area.  We went to the Colca Canyon, went white water rafting and took in some amazing restaurants.  After spending five days in Arequipa we headed to Cusco.  From Cusco we headed to Ollantaytambo and drove through the sacred lands.  The next morning we headed out to begin our trek along the Inca trail.  We hiked for four days to Machu Picchu.  That is one trek I will never forget.  There is amazing ruins along the trail.  After our trek to Machu Picchu we headed back to Ollantaytambo for a couple days of biking.  From there we headed back to Cusco and decided we didnt want our trip to end quite yet so we headed out to the jungle in Puerto Maldanado.  In the jungle we went exploring at night, visited a local farmer and tried many exotic fruits, went caymen sight seeing at night, went piranha fishing and bird watching.  Along our travels we met amazing people and created many memories that I will never forget.  I also got many amazing pictures.