Planten un Blomen

Hamburg Travel Blog

Finally a little cooler (still hot but not as humid as before) the day started off very lazy for me. I read a lot as my book seemed to be glued to my hands. After lunch I started off to the city, where I went to Planten un Blomen, a very nice inner city park. There are lakes and creeks and trees and flowers and everything is so nice I didn’t want to leave, just sit there and read and enjoy the weather.

I came by the TV-tower of Hamburg and then walked to the Grindelviertel, where the university is located. The part of town is supposed to be a typical college-student part with a lot of bars and such. Unfortunately my map wasn’t exact enough so I just walked around and then left early to meet Thomas at Jungfernstieg.

Originally our plan was to walk up the Alster on the eastern shore but we both wanted crêpe, but no crêpe around. So we walked around and looked around but there was nothing around. So finally we went to Landungsbrücken where we got our crêpe.

After that we were so tired that we decided to go home and spend a lazy evening at home.

photo by: Petitsing